We are a small friendly club. Our prime activity is road running, though members interests also cover trail running, cross country and triathlon.
We are affiliated to England Athletics and enjoy the benefits of affiliation in the form of insurance and reduced entry fees into races. Our main club night is Wednesday evening, when we meet at 6:30pm at the new Royal Wootton Bassett Sports Association ground, located on the Malmesbury Road.
We set off, in 2 or 3 groups, on routes around Royal Wootton Bassett, or out into the surrounding countryside when it's light enough. Mondays are for speed work and hill sessions - hard at the time but very rewarding afterwards. The RWBSA Sports & Social Club has all that's needed to recuperate after a run - changing facilities, showers and a bar.
During the summer we normally run from the new club house, although we do occasionally run 'away from home' to enjoy a change of scenery. On Mondays, we alternate between the club for speed work and Sainsbury's (meeting in the car park by the loading bay) for hill work around the town, though during the winter months we meet at Sainsbury's for both hill and speed sessions. The time is the same for both evenings, 6:30pm.
We regret that we are currently unable to offer support to under 17s.
- 16 Oct - Off Road Club Championship dates added
- 27 Sep - Newsletter 15/18 (aka no 130) online - see link on right
- 10 Sep - Steve Heavens now Male Captain until EOY!
- 27 Aug - Lungbuster 2019 entries now open!
- 17 Jun - Broad Town 5 - results and photos (updated 22 Jun)
- 01 May - Club Championships updated
- 12 Apr - Next Beginners course announced
- 13 Feb - Club Constitution updated
- 07 Feb - Post AGM, committee members addresses updated
- 06 Feb - Membership form updated!
- 04 Feb - Lungbuster 2018 results online!
- 02 Jan 18 - New Beginners course started 22 Jan
- 14 Nov - Lungbuster 2018 entry info
- 02 Nov - Links page updated, welcome KG Sports Massage & Injury Therapy
- 08 Aug - Committee Members - faces behind the names :)
- 25 Jul - CCIN Newsletter
- 18 Jun - Broad Town 5 results and photos online!
- 22 May - Club Champs updated
- 06 May - Lungbuster update
- 09 Mar - New Incident Reporting form
- 08 Feb - RWBSA Information to Members
Please click on the links on the right to read more.
(Note: the date shown is the date of publication)