Guidelines for dealing with an incident / accident
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation.
- Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first-aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person's parent/carer.
Download and complete an incident/accident report form, then forward to the Hounds Secretary.